Thursday, January 20, 2005

The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy.

On a much lighter note, I’m getting increasingly optimistic about the new Hitchhiker’s film. I suppose I’ve been a bit precious about it. I’m old enough to remember Douglas Adam’s original radio series, written while he was a script writer for Tom Baker’s Dr Who (the best Dr by the way). The books are of course legendary, and the TV series was superb, but when have Hollywood even made a decent version of a cult book? (Discuss)

But Adams wrote the original draft script for the film before he died. Then there was some inspired casting, Martin Freeman as Dent, Bill Nighy as Slartibartfast for example and now this. Stephen Fry is to play the voice of the Guide. Isn’t that just perfect!!

1 Comments:

Blogger phylos said...

Yup, I'll give you that Muzz.

8:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home