Sunday, January 16, 2005

Prophecy

I think I must be some sort of anti-prophet. Yesterday I commented that Spurs were no longer letting in late goals, and they concede in the 90th minute. Then I said that Herschelle Gibbs would punish England for dropping him in the final over yesterday. This morning he only added 25 before being caught by Hoggard off Jimmy Anderson, and South Africa were all out for 419 a lead of only 8.

So I have some new predictions.

Chelski, Ars*n@l and manyoo will remain unbeaten for the rest of the season, but Tottenham Hotspur will lose every match and finish bottom.

In the current test match, the English batting will collapse, their bowling will be a disgrace and they will lose the test by over 1,000 runs. In the final test at Centurion Park, England will be the first team ever to score 0 in both innings and the players will be forced to return home in disguise to avoid a stoning.

An entirely new team will then not be selected for the series against Australia this coming summer and the series will be lost 2-3. The two tests we don't win will be at Lords where I will not score a double century in both innings and Headingley where I’ll come nowhere near beating Jim Laker’s test record of 19-90 against Australia in 1956, by not taking all 20 wickets for 4 runs (all wides) without bowling a ball.

The people of England certainly won't rise up as one and declare me President of a new English Republic. I will not rule for less than a week, and will be forgotten by history as an evil, mean spirited leader who failed to bring about a new era of peace and prosperity throughout the world.

It’s not going to happen, oh yes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home