Thursday, January 20, 2005

There’s no fun in fundamentalism.

Where do these people get off? A second Christian group is investigating whether the BBC discriminated against Christians by showing Jerry Springer - The Opera.

This follows Christian Voice’s launching of an action last week. I appreciate the Christian’s taking care of our moral standards, I really do, but can I speak and think for myself please?? It’s obvious that groups like The Christian Institute have to speak for their members, because they are all brainwashed sheep, but I’m not. I’m a reasoned individual who can watch Jerry Springer, enjoy it, and get on with my life. I’m a grown up you see. I can watch violent shows without going out and beating people as well. Really I can, and so can millions of other people. I think that will come as massive shock to fundamental Christian groups like the two above who are so used to dealing with their own shallow, empty-headed followers that they think we must all be like that. (I know I'm repeating myself but it makes me so angry.)

Isn’t religion all about tolerance and ‘doing unto others as you would have them do unto you’? It was Christian Voice that posted the phone numbers of BBC producers on it’s website, leading to some of them getting death threats. How moral is that? Can I now threaten them with death if they fail to see the truth in my writing? I celebrate the fact people disagree with me, bring it on, lets debate things like mature, well rounded adults.

We live in a multi-cultural society, open to all and that should be celebrated. But look what Christian Voice has to say about Hinduism. Draw your own conclusions.

As the nation’s broadcaster the BBC are right to challenge us now and again. Do we really want cosy non-offensive TV shows? Do we want 24 hours of This Morning type, all is well with the world, everybody’s happy TV. Or do we want to be made to think? Think for OURSELVES?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home