Thursday, February 03, 2005

More sport

Remaining on the sporting theme, England play Holland at Villa Park next week as part of their build up to the World Cup qualifiers against Northern Ireland and Azerbaijan in March.

So I thought I’d take a look at the FIFA website and see how the world rankings are looking. Brazil are predictably top with England a respectable 8th. That’s not too bad considering we haven’t won anything since 1966. Republic of Ireland are 12th, Wales are 68th and they’ve never won anything so that’s quite good, but I couldn’t see Scotland. I scrolled back up and had another look. Nothing. So I scrolled down a bit. And there below Bosnia- Herzegovina and Latvia, below even the colossus of world football that is Burkina Faso are Scotland in 86th place. Chin up though lads, you’re still above the Faroe Islands.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And in a desperate bid to keep Show Pony Beckham in the side, watch Mr Eriksson play Shaun Wright-Phillips - the best winger England have had in about a decade - on the left wing. The man is an arse...

9:24 pm  
Blogger phylos said...

You’ll not find me arguing with that. Eriksson’s obsession with Beckham is both confusing to the fans and damaging to the team.

9:16 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keel You !

9:44 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home