Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Phylos and the polymath

Following my teaser a week or so ago, I can now reveal all! Last night I paid my third visit to BBC Radio 4’s Bookclub, and spent a thoroughly splendid 90 minutes in the company of Stephen Fry. I have been as excited as a schoolgirl over this for weeks, and as on Christmas Eve when you’re little I could hardly sleep on Monday night. I also picked up the keys to my new flat on Tuesday so was pretty excited about that as well.

The recording lasted 70 or so minutes, as Stephen is such a eloquent speaker and poor Dymphna, the producer has to edit this down to 30 minutes for broadcast.

The show will be first aired at 4.00pm on Sunday 6th March, with a repeat also at 4.00pm the following Thursday. Do listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home