Thursday, February 17, 2005

You're all my besht mates

Gotta love the Costcutter by me. Stella’s 99p a tin. At that price it’s stupid not to.
Do you think on pay-day I should go down there, buy a van load and build a model Windsor Castle in my garden? Could be a money spinner? Get some t-shirts & badges made - “I’ve seen the Stella Castle at Phil’s”. Tourists plague Windsor all year round, half of them wouldn’t know the genuine castle from a lager inspired folly.

On the subject of Windsor Castle I notice that Charlie is not going to have his wedding there after all, as it would be a big hassle to get a wedding licence for the event. Excuse me being cynical, but when a civil wedding licence is granted for a place it’s not on a one off basis, it lasts for 3 years. Some jobs-worth at the castle has realised that once the licence is granted, the castle would be swamped by wedding requests from jumped up plebs with over-inflated senses of their own importance and Windsor has plenty of them believe me. This would lead to a shed load of bad royal PR from them saying no all the time. Sound closer to the truth? The trouble is of course, that there are some assets which the queen owns in her own right, and some that belong to the institution of the Crown. These are paid for by you and me through our tax ££s, and so are therefore I posit, owned in a roundabout way by us. And guess what - Windsor Castle is owned by the Crown, not the queen. I’d write to my MP if I could be bothered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home