Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Free books

Great site I found last night. Project Gutenberg is a free resource containing about 15,000 ebooks which you can download for free. Free is one of my favourite words, book is another so you’ll understand my excitement about this site.
An ebook if you can’t guess is an electronic book. You can search their database or just browse by author for the book you’re interested in and simply download it. It will come as a text file which you can copy and paste into Word, then format as you desire. I don’t like reading off a VDU so I print them out after work when no one’s looking.
All the books are out of copyright, so you won’t find anything too modern, but a lot of the classics and other books you may want to read but haven’t got round to buying are there. Have a look.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home