Sunday, March 13, 2005

Opera

I try to use Microsoft products as little as I can. Any organisation that has such total dominance in its field is not to be trusted. I especially loathe Explorer. It’s slow, insecure, allows in spyware and pop-ups love it as much as I hate it. For the last 3 or 4 years I’ve used the Opera browser and I cannot recommend it highly enough.

When I bought my new PC in February, the first thing I downloaded was Opera 7.54 the newest full version. Hunting around today I have found that a Beta 2 version of Opera 8 is available now. I installed a while ago and was instantly impressed. I am keeping 7.54 active for the time being as there are a few features from it missing on the new version and it isn’t yet compatible with all websites, but I really cannot recommend Opera highly enough. Give it a go.

Monday

Just expanding on this, I have had a look through my visitor stats, and Explorer is used by 53% of visitors, with Firefox second on 22% and Opera third at 21%. Lets get Microsoft below 50%.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home