Thursday, March 31, 2005

Sorry George

I need to do two things today. The first is to thank my great mate MZA for opening my eyes to the realities of global politics and the second is to apologise to America in general and Mr Bush in particular.

The gang have been chatting about Iraq again today, and I mentioned the latest UN report which has found that malnutrition rates amongst children have doubled since the country was liberated two years ago. Saddam kept 4% of under fives on the point of starvation but under the kind and benevolent US backed administration this is now 8%.

I was pretty outraged but MZA has pointed out the reason for the increase and hence my apology to Mr Bush.

What I was missing in my dopey liberal fury, was that Iraq is being be rebuilt in the image of the unimpeachable, perfect democracy that is the United Sates of America. The child poverty rate in the US (according the UN) is about 22%. You can see that there is still some way to go, but with George Bush’s hand firmly up the @rse of the Iraqi puppet government, I’m sure we will see great leaps forward.

So sorry America. Sorry Mr Bush. MZA you are a model citizen of the world. And I’m a liberal waster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home