Monday, March 28, 2005

Why Pamper Life's Complexities?


I was only talking about The Smiths with my friend Claire an hour or so ago, and it seems that they are going to get the respect and recognition they so obviously deserve.

Iconic 80s band The Smiths are to be studied by some of the world's leading academics during a special conference.

I was just the right age to be a Smiths fan in the 80s, late teens/early twenties I hated the new romance, electro-pop, shallow tedious music of the day, none of it spoke to me, none of it said anything really. Then along came The Smiths; they were passionate musicians, they wrote songs which spoke to a generation about the realities of life, the bad times and the good. I loved them then and I love them still. Quite what an academic conference will add I'm not sure, but if it leads to one or two new fans it will be no bad thing.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bah, was just about to break this news to you!! Beat me to it!!

3:00 pm  
Blogger phylos said...

I'm on the ball!!

3:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home