Thursday, March 24, 2005

Wonder Woman

Ain’t It Cool recently reported that Buffy creator Joss Whedon is to write and direct a movie version of Wonder Woman.

This has got the gang thinking – who should play Wonder Woman? I’ll be honest – we’re stumped. Andy suggested Eliza Dushku, but maybe she’s a bit young & MZA doesn’t want that spoiling his Huntress fantasy and I can’t disagree. My suggestion is obviously Tara Reid (link NSFW surprise, surprise) but I’d cast her in everything. I genuinely believe though that there’s a slutty side to Wonder Woman which Linda Carter just didn’t bring to life. Whedon himself has dropped a hint (“Where will I find a dark-haired olive-skinned beauty?”) that it may be the relatively unknown Morena Baccarin who certainly looks the part. She wouldn’t bring any of the baggage that could come with a more established “beauty” such as Angelina Jolie. Andy also suggested tubgirl, which is radical but could lead to censorship issues if she were to say “Stop or I shoot”. (Please, if you don’t know who/what tubgirl is don’t Google it. Especially if you’re my mother. It can do no good.)

So come on people – who would you cast as Wonder Woman? Best answer gets a no expenses paid trip to the Tuesday quiz at The Royal Stag in Datchet with my good self. Seriously, if you’ve never done a pub quiz with a bald cynic who can drink his own bodyweight in 2 hours you haven’t lived.

9 Comments:

Blogger phylos said...

I never 'got' Xena. And isn't she really little? All the rest of the cast would have to be tiny to make her look big. Aren't all the small actors working on Depp's chocolate factory? Isn;t that a great euphemism!?

8:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

uuuurrrrghghhhh! *retch*

that's the last time I get curious about something you mention that doesn't have a link!

How's about Melanie Sykes!

2:42 pm  
Blogger phylos said...

You Googled tubgirl didn't you!!! I warned you....

3:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes...... sorry!
I WON'T do it again!

9:43 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It can only be Kelly Brook - who gives a damn if she can't act, She'll fill the suit perfectly...

Pieman

8:29 am  
Blogger phylos said...

Like your thinking pies!!

2:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No question about who it should be...that Italian bird from the Matrix...now I'm not gay (officially but who knows I may be wrestling with something internally!) but put her in a pair of hotpants and I would!!

Oh and I've done a pub quiz with a bald cynic and I'd recommend it to all...and that's some body weight to put away, ha ha!! Only joking Phylos!!

3:10 pm  
Blogger phylos said...

You're forgiven. I think Monica Bellucci is the name you are searcing for.
http://www.thebutterscotchthreshold.com/monica-bellucci-10.JPG
She's have to wear those shoes as well.

3:33 pm  
Blogger phylos said...

I trust you - i'll not be googling the midget woman.
Now Bellucci........

7:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home