Thursday, April 07, 2005

Bombastic

The Keystone Kops remain vigilant at Windsor Castle
Metropolitan Police chief Sir Ian Blair has ordered an inquiry into claims journalists drove a van carrying a fake bomb into Windsor Castle's grounds.

As I’ve said before, I don’t really care for the royal family, but I wouldn’t want to see them blown to pieces. On a wider issue, thousands of tourists visit Windsor each day, all spending their valuable cash on overpriced crap and burgers. Don’t we have a duty to keep them safe? What about those of us who have to live there? Only yesterday the government warned us that Irish republican terrorist groups could be planning an attack during the election campaign. I doubt they have any new real intelligence, rather I think it is an extension of the ‘politics of fear’ and it would seem that the security services at Windsor Castle agree. That or they are just incompetent.

1 Comments:

Blogger phylos said...

Took a wander round town at sunset. The castle is very beautiful when the dying sun hits it. I like to wander through the great park with a j and just relax. But man, there are 'kin police EVERYWHERE

12:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home