Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Electoral fraud made easy

The topic of electoral fraud has been bubbling under for the last couple of weeks now. The BBC are running a report on it as I type, showing just how easy it is to steal someone's vote. You would hope then, that Returning Officers and their staff would be doing their bit to minimise the risks. I got home from work this evening to find three Polling Cards in my mail. One is for me, the other two are for the couple who lived here before me.

The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead obviously received my electoral registration form back in February when I moved in as I have been registered correctly and I remember signing the declaration confirming that nobody else lived here; how difficult is it to delete the previous occupants from their database when entering my details?

Being an honest man I’ll return the two ‘spares’ tomorrow along with a stern letter. But if you want to make me an offer……

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home