Friday, April 08, 2005

Radio waves

I hate to brag and I’m not really, but I was on the radio again yesterday. It was my third visit to BBC Radio 4’s Bookclub, where we were discussing Independence Day with Richard Ford. I’d completely forgotten as it was recorded before Christmas. You can hear me (thanks to the “Listen Again” feature) right at the end asking Richard the significance of his books tending to be set around holidays.

It’s fascinating for me to listen as the shows are always so different when broadcast than I remember. It is quite a feat of editing. My other two shows were with Will Self and Stephen Fry and the recordings invariably last for over an hour, which then has to be trimmed down to 28 minutes.

I've been chatting with the producer recently with a view to doing a graphic novel Boockclub with Alan Moore author of Watchmen, From Hell, V for Vendetta etc.... Moore should be one of Britain's best known authors but for the fact that the comic book medium is still not taken seriously here. People don't know what they're missing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home