Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Creeps

This is a great link. A nicely dark animation over Radiohead's Creep. (Link from tescosuicide at Blank Forever)

When I bought the 12" of Creep years ago, I was initially disappointed that it was the acoustic version - it doesn't have the great powerchords. But time mellows the hardest of hearts and I think the intensity of the acoustic version suits the song much better.

Staying with music, 'saint' Bob Geldof has announced a follow up to Live Aid to coincide with the G8 summit in Scotland next month. Live Aid 2 will be all about raising publicity rather than money and it is rather sad that 20 years on so little has changed.

An interesting mix of bands have confirmed, though I think I'd rather be in Berlin listening to Brian Wilson than London trying to stay awake as Dido and Coldplay reach an inevitably dull anti-climax. In fact if they wanted to showcase all that is boring, insipid and uninspired in British music they couldn't have done any better. Thank god for The Cure.

Still it might shift a few albums - Madonna has her kids to feed and who am I to deny her, Annie "talent vacuum" Lennox, Stereophonics, Joss Stone, a fat dancer and the rest a chance for some free publicity? The Spice Girls' publicist must be moist with anticipation. I wonder how many of the bands will release CDs in the week or so after Live 8 on the back of the hype? Gosh aren't I cynical this evening but I bet you I'm not wrong!

I'm on my summer break the week of the G8 summit (and the week before!) so I'll be kicking round the UK looking for something to do. Some good alternatives to the G8 summit can be found here and the police are already shitting themselves that too many people may turn up to protest. Always a good thing.
Anarchy in the UK?

2 Comments:

Blogger phylos said...

no worries

5:42 pm  
Blogger phylos said...

Great mp3 links by the way

6:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home