Friday, June 03, 2005

Three things

I don't do many 'me-me' posts, but couldn't resist this one from Emily.

3 names I go by:
Phil; Philip (to my mum and only my mum); Phyllis (2 people are allowed to call me that)

Screen-names I've had:
phylos - really it’s the only one I’ve ever used

3 physical things I like about myself:
I’m a classic self loather, I hate that

3 physical things I dislike about myself:
the black circles round my eyes; my leg muscles are huge; I’m getting middle age spread

3 parts of my heritage:
English; English; a tiny bit Scottish (my family have never been big travellers)

3 things I am wearing right now:
Sweat pants; Yankees shirt (present from my last boss who's just back from NY); my specs

3 favourite bands / musical artists:
Changes all the time but at the moment;
Bowie (up to and including Let’s Dance which was released the week before I joined the RAF and which I bought with the money the RAF gave me to get to the training base on the day I took the oath);
Radiohead;
The Smiths

3 favourite songs:
Again, changes often but right now
Diamond Dogs – Bowie
Sour Times – Portishead
No Surprises – Radiohead

3 things I want in a relationship:
laughter; mutual understanding; space

3 physical things about the preferred sex that appeal to me:
eyes; a pout; breasts (shape rather than size, honest)

3 of my favourite hobbies:
reading; ranting; smoking

3 things I want to do really badly right now:
Leave my job (snap Em); take over the planet; smoke a cig

3 things that scare me:
human stupidity, the chest pains I keep getting, dying alone

3 of my everyday essentials:
my pen (I have a beautiful Mont Blanc, a gift from someone I’m lucky enough to still call a friend); my Zippo; contact lenses

3 careers you have considered or are considering:
Paramedic; teacher; vagrant (seriously, don’t you ever think what’s the fucking point of working for some bastard who doesn’t give a shit about you, only what you can do to make him wealthier? It sucks arse) – I want a job I leap out of bed to get to, not one where I hide under the quilt hitting the snooze button till I know I’ll be late, every day with mind fucking numbing repetition

3 places you want to go on vacation:
St Petersburg; USA; Antarctica

3 kids' names you like:
I’ve never wanted kids so have never thought of it

3 things you want to do before you die:
some good; stay sane for more than 9 months without medication; stop smoking for more than 6 weeks (I’ve just spent £5.02 or a little over $9 on a pack of 20 Bensons, it’s fucking outrageous, though I do remember saying I’d give up when they passed £2 a pack)

3 ways I am stereotypically a boy:
I can drink more beer than anyone I know, ditto vodka, ditto gin, ditto wine, I’m unpredictable on Scotch though; if I was given the choice between the best sex of my life and Spurs winning the Premiership next season, I’d pick Spurs for the Premiership (actually, is that what most blokes would want?); I love my mother

3 celeb crushes:
Angelina Jolie; Keira Knightley; Scarlett Johannson (and a dishonourable mention to Tara Reid in a really dirty way that I’m ashamed of)

6 Comments:

Blogger emilyahostutler said...

I love the song pics-we are tune musically. I am also a big fan or ranting..
great answers-nice to know you better!

8:08 pm  
Blogger Pseudo-intellectual lunatic said...

Great blog.....keep it up!

8:09 pm  
Blogger phylos said...

thank you both

8:56 pm  
Blogger phylos said...

Goddam insomnia.
Isn't music a great way of sorting out the people you'll get along with and those you won't? I always like to see what books people have on their shelves as well when i first get to go to a person's house.

2:35 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bowie? The Phil I rembember was a die hard Motorhead fan, or would you rather forget that particular phase :-)

6:02 pm  
Blogger phylos said...

Motorhead still feature, but maybe not quite so prominently!

12:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home