Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Were you born on the sun?

Gosh it's hot here. I had a rotten night's sleep and my first full day at work for a week. Nasty.
My thoughts are with those in the southern US suffering the extreme of Hurricane Katrina. Maybe there'll be less of a rush to vote for the GOP in the south in light of Bush's record $71.2 million reduction in federal funding for hurricane and flood protection projects in New Orleans?

Weekend was splendid thanks Em and Egghead. Friday and a good part of Saturday were indeed spent drinking and watching the fourth test. England now lead The Ashes 2-1 and only need a draw at The Oval next week to reclaim the Urn. Hurrah.

Bath is one of my favourite places in the UK. I first went there when I attended a Royal School of Church Music summer-school when I was about 9 and I fell in love with it then. Sang in the Abbey which was a beautiful experience and the square beside the Abbey is no doubt where Egghead saw the street entertainers. There is always something going on.

Too hot to rant - I've a bottle of something nice in the fridge and I'll soon be laying in the garden with a glass. I was only going to moan about the price of oil - I found a link last week to a story where Rumsfeld or Cheney predicted that oil would be $20 a barrel soon after the invasion of Iraq - oooops! Can't find it now though. Always the way. If you are in the US and worried about the price of gas, it may be a consolation to know that I've just filled up my motor and paid £0.93 a litre, which is about $6.27 a gallon. Stop moaning!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger emilyahostutler said...

6.27???
Whoah!
I am happy to say I am a non-driving foot pedaling soul.
That is unbelivable!

3:09 pm  
Blogger phylos said...

it takes the piss Em, it really does. Especially considering the stocks of Brent crude under the North Sea. One of the great unanswered questions of British politics is 'what happened to the UK's oil money?'.

5:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home