Wednesday, September 28, 2005

The sinister minister

The lead story on the BBC this morning is the government’s latest nannying initiative (spell checker suggested annoying for nannying – equally appropriate) which will see anything that tastes nice banned from schools. No more chocolate, cola or salt and vinegar chipsticks, just boiled cabbage, carrot smoothies and Granny Smith’s. I suppose I shouldn’t mock given some of the fat arsed fucking kids I see each morning rolling their bloated, corpulent bodies out of mummy’s 4x4 at the school gate.

It isn’t the sort of story I’d normally comment on and I would have ignored it today but for the picture. Is Ruth Kelly, the education minister perving onto that poor kid or what? Aren’t there rules against this sort of behaviour?

Time for a caption competition.










So far I have;

No, not your spoon, guess again. It’s long, hard, has a big round end and I can put it in my mouth? (me)

Go on. Just a little nibble. (Claire)

So, do you come here often? (Andy)

When I said this was 'the shit' I was talking literally (Matt)

Over to you, use the comments box. Winner gets nothing but my eternal love and respect. It’s worth far more than money.

Update. The BBC have only gone and changed the picture. Good job I'm quicker than they are. I'm faster than Walt Flanagan's dog!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"a 5cm3 of sacharine helps the Nutritionaly enhanced nourishment compound, go down"

I bet Julie Andrews couldn't get hewr lips round that one!

6:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home