Tuesday, September 20, 2005

You @%*~ing Spurs

A couple of years ago when I met my mate Steve for the first time, we were talking, as chaps do, about the beautiful game. Recognising his Sheffield accent I asked if he was Wednesday or United.

“United” he said, “but I don’t follow it much now, they always break your fucking heart.”

That reply stuck with me. Tonight I sat down, beer in hand so that I could watch the belov’d Spurs take on Grimsby in the Carling Cup. Spurs are currently eighth in the Premiership, having only been beaten once in the league this season. Grimsby are 60 places below us, although they are top of the bottom league (so to speak). Spurs are stuffed with international players, names any football fan will recognise. Grimsby – err, well – they’re from up north somewhere.

So how the fucking fuck has this happened?

Grimsby 1-0 Tottenham

We were shocking, only looked like scoring once or twice and always looked fragile at the back. I'm a little pleased I'll be working at home tomorrow. There's gooner's in my office that pest control seem unable to exterminate. This will only make them stronger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home