Monday, October 31, 2005

Citizens

The new citizenship test comes into force today. From now, anyone wanting to become a British citizen (we're actually subjects not citizens but I'll let that pass for now) has to take a test on British culture, values, laws, traditions - that sort of thing.

It was only a couple of weeks ago that I laughed as I failed the US citizenship test. Today however, I've just failed the British one!!

I'm stateless. I have declared my flat an independent republic and cut off diplomatic relations with the UK. Please call me Mr President.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooops. I didn't know the dog licence was abolished in 1987!

I must have been busy reading the Beano wen that was announced.

5:53 pm  
Blogger phylos said...

Alright Lil... how's things?
Billie sulked for most of Friday and well into Saturday. Then she got all uppity. Then she turned into a wimp and started running away when Rosa showed her natural curiosity but daring to approach for a sniff. It's not helped by the cold (Billie doesn't like the cold you'll remember) and the constant firework displays round here which means Billie hasn't been out much over the last few days and is getting a bit stir crazy. Now there is a slightly uneasy calm. However, they both slept on the bed last night, jockying for the warmest place and they ate together this evening in realative peace so I think it will be OK.

8:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I am stateless too not only did I not know we didn't have dog licences, I don't even know where good old Santa comes from - oops!

12:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got 11. Is that good or bad? Can I still be British?

6:48 pm  
Blogger phylos said...

You can all join my free republic

2:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home