Friday, October 28, 2005

Oi oi!!

Guess whose back online today,
That moaning twat whose been away...

So I've finally spoken to the person at BT with the brain. My empty life is now complete and I'm back in the ring.

Firstly, the redesign is gone. It looked great in IE but shit in Opera and Firefox. As these are the browsers I care about I've reverted back to the old template which I will tweak over the weekend to see what I can do. Bare with me.

Problem 2 is this. Before speaking to Mr Brain this evening I spoke to a shaved chimp who convinced me that it was the PC stopping my connection, not BT's exchange. He told me I had a 'winsoc error'. WTF?? After discussions with Microsoft and some other helpdesks during which I removed and reinstalled various drives - the normal IT routine, I was told that I needed to reset my PC back to the defaults. And, stupidly I agreed. Although I backed up a lot of stuff, all my tweaks are gone, all my favourites, emails, etc.... I've got that nasty XP look back and I need to do a shit load of work to get things returned to how I like them. And I have man-flu.

Balls.

See you soon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rucking Fidiculous

Hahaha oh my goodness you really crack me up..! I indentify with your problems in this post... my webspace provider decided to change the uri of my cpanel login, never told me, and then had the cheek to tell me i must have a problem with my pc (ports not enabled - asked them which one's they meant, checked but the port numbers quoted me were all enabled and on my firewall's allow list) because the uri has always remained the same then they told me that they were also able to login using the original uri which i had quoted them... well now i've checked on several different PCs using my original email and nope, the original uri is definitely a 404! jeez makes u just wanna have ur own server and declare virtual independance...

Isn't IE sh*t.. christ if i could just round up the ignoramouses that continue to preferentiate it because they are used to it... not to mention the idiot corporations/groups/services/cucking funts that produce half assed pages that only function in IE and don't comply to web standards...

sharing ur past frustration - LadySpoonerism

(PS i find it really usefull having a copy of my bookmarks and email address book and i also keep an archive of emails saved onto cdrom for those annoying times such as your reset...)

12:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home