Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Balls up Blunkett

I've pondered for a while before writing about the latest David Blunkett story as the entire Labour party are now so far beneath my contempt that I find it easier just to ignore them. But he simply cannot be allowed to get away with this now it turns out that he didn't just take one job without following the correct procedure but three. Three times he ignored the advice of the Cabinet Secretary, I assume because he though that he was above the rules or that they somehow didn't apply to former a Home Secretary, even one who has a record of being less than best mates with the truth. (I wasn't the only person who enjoyed his last resignation immensely.)

But then I found this little gem.
Honesty best policy, Labour told

Former Home Secretary David Blunkett has warned Labour to be more honest with the voters. The first step in "rebuilding trust" should be a "different style" of manifesto, Mr Blunkett said during a lecture in Birmingham.
Rebuilding trust. Just think about that for a second. Does anyone feel inclined to trust David Blunkett at the moment? I thought not. Follow you own advice David. Resign.

1 Comments:

Blogger phylos said...

I really didn't think I'd get to the end of that post without calling DB a cnut. Hurrah for me!!!

8:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home