Wednesday, November 30, 2005

The Earl

With the recent passing of the legend that was George Best, those of us who like a drink need a new hero. It makes us feel better, gives us hope in the same way that those of us who smoke always treasure the grandfather who smoked 300 a day and lived 'till a ripe old age. My grandad Arthur was a great example. Smoked his first roll up at 12, down the pits at 14, spent WW2 in Burma (fighting rather than building railways) and lived well into his 80s. I miss him. But I digress.

So how about Henry Earl? He clearly likes a sup. He's been busted 932 times since 1992, mainly for being intoxicated, but I notice there's the odd 'Criminal Littering' rap. Criminal littering? There were 11,348 homicides involving firearms in 2001, but they arrest people for littering? Can I suggest US law enforcement agencies look up the word priorities?

What else can I say. The Henry Earl buzz is getting louder. It's another of those things the internet was made for. Check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home