Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Oi tubs

Have you all seen Super Size Me? There's a scene in it when a doctor (I think) is talking to Morgan Spurlock and he wonders when overweight people will start getting the same treatment as smokers. All us smokers know what he means, those superior looks you get when you light up in a pub, the exaggerated stage coughing and rude comments from the morally pure, sanctimonious non-smokers. This doctor quite fairly states that tubbers are putting their health at risk every bit as much as us smokers, but they don't get a hard time. They get sympathy as they spout the old "it's glandular" bollocks. Well, the fightback starts here.
Poor diet 'costs NHS £6bn a year'

Poor diets cost the NHS £6bn a year in ill-health - three times as much as smoking, a study suggests.
Can you read that over the top of your whopper box? Listen, I was overweight a few years ago and it's easy to fix. You just eat less and walk more. It's a fuck site easier than giving up smoking. You're costing way more than me yet I pay 80% tax on my cigs while you just pay VAT on your saturated fat fix. How's that fair? Goddamn it. Smokers need a better pressure group.

3 Comments:

Blogger phylos said...

OK so I don't really want to start a campaign of hatred but you know where I'm coming from.
I'llponder the five things....

11:25 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm trying to think of an argument why Fatties are helping kill other people! Dammit I hate it when a pink lung brings up the old "Passive Smoking" angle. It really pisses on my self rightious bonfire!

8:32 pm  
Blogger phylos said...

fat people bring up fat kids who they kill with their fat food and sitting in front of the TV lifestyle.
Maybe.

8:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home