Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Ha. Ha ha ha.

Serves the useless bastards right.
Wanadoo rapped over advertising

Wanadoo has been criticised for adverts which failed to show that one of its fast broadband schemes was only available to a limited number of users. The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) found that when the adverts first appeared, the firm's 8 megabit service could only be used by 4.7% of people. The high speed depended on upgrades to users' local phone exchanges which had only been carried out in a few areas. Wanadoo said it had now "slightly tweaked" its adverts.

In its ruling, the ASA also found that the firm had failed to show in its advertisements whether the 8 megabit speed referred to downloading or uploading, or both. Wanadoo was also criticised for failing to show that certain services were only free for the first six months of a user's contract. "We have slightly tweaked our advertising as a result of the ASA ruling," said Wanadoo. "Our promise is, and always has been, to give customers the fastest speed that their line can currently handle with a free upgrade to the faster speeds once their local exchange has been upgraded by Wanadoo."

Wanadoo is inexplicably one of the UK's most popular broadband providers.
Dudes, Wanadoo are a lying shower of shits. I briefly alluded to my complaint with them some months ago. It started in May last year when they took two direct debits off me in the space of two weeks despite my agreement with them being for one a month. I incurred bank charges as the second one was the day before I got paid and who has money in their account the day before payday eh? Not bloody me matey. Wanadoo just blamed my bank saying they always request payment on the same day but it is up to the bank what day it is actually paid to them. Despite several letters from my bank manager confirming that this was untrue, that the mistake was Wanadoo's and that they did actually request two payments in those two weeks, they just stuck to their story like mindless automatons. I must have written them a dozen letters and just got the same reply each time. I even wrote to the chief exec twice though I didn't get a reply. So I gave them and myself Christmas off and have now escalated my moaning to BACS who manage the direct debit system. I'll let you know what happens.

I do love a good grumble.

1 Comments:

Blogger phylos said...

Just got a letter from BACS!

It's currently phylos 1 Wanadoo 0

All to play for in the second half

(and I really cannot be arsed to make a joke about being pulled off at half time)

8:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home