Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Customer service

We can never get customer service quite right in the UK can we? The Post Office seem to be surprised each and every day that there is a rush of people at lunchtime. The queue in there never seems to be less than 300 or so weary looking souls, snaking in a patient line alongside displays of cheap DVDs that to all appear to 'star' Judge Reinhold.

Sainsburys are at the other end of the scale. I always feel slightly patronised when I leave their shops. I have just been in for a loaf of bread, a 4 pint carton of milk and a bag of onions. At the checkout I was asked "Would you like help with your packing?" Do I really look like a person who would struggle to put 3 items in a carrier bag? I managed to fasten my tie in a Windsor knot this morning and I've buttoned my shirt up properly. I declined help. I think I might start using Tesco's home delivery service.

I see Gordon has put 9p on 20 ciggys. As a non smoker for 10 days now I care not a jot! I thought that as this is my 10,000th attempt to quit smoking I'd make an extra special effort this time. So far so good. And I've managed not to be all sanctimonious about it as well. Mainly. Hurrah for me!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

10 days ... Well done mate!!
Remember, its only those neuropeptides surging from your hypothalamus into every teeny weeny, desperate, receptor site laden cell in your body that'll make or break this attempt. It's YOUR BODY ... so tell it how you want it to change!

Besides, i would guess that you are too full of loved-up chemicals to worry about the fags!!

Just think, all that money saved on ciggs would pay for a flight stateside!!

10:55 pm  
Blogger phylos said...

I think there's a Neuropeptides in the Iliad.

1:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Smart lad that Homer .... Doh!

7:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home