Thursday, May 25, 2006

Sexuality

Are we still suffering from Victorian ‘moral values’ here in the UK? That hypocritical mindset which insisted on good manners and propriety while record numbers of women walked the streets amid endemic poverty and ill health.

The MOD has decided (in 2006 ffs) that it really should make an effort to “rid the armed forces of sexual harassment”. Welcome to the twentieth century guys. Please try and catch up. I spent 6 years or so in the RAF as a younger man and can honestly say that I saw very little harassment of a sexual or racial nature. I don’t know if this is because my trade required a certain standard of education and as such I didn’t mix with the hoi polloi but I was genuinely shocked with the survey which found that 99% of servicewomen had witnessed or experienced some form of harassment and that many who reported it felt that their careers suffered as a result. It’s all very disturbing.

On the other side of the coin, Lynett Burgess in Wales has been cleared of indecent exposure after her male neighbour complained about her nude sunbathing. I do wonder if the result would have been the same had the complainant been female, the sunbather male. I’m going to go out over the weekend and…… no I’m not. No really, I'm NOT.

And the PM’s been talking about sex. Bleuuuuuuuuuuugh.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca Tacosa Gray-Sterling Parker said...

Prudish is right! If sunbathing naked is indecent exposure, then half of California would be in jail right now! Thank heavens she's moving...and her killjoy neighbor needs to get a life. If he had any guts he would have suggested a neighborhood nude sunbathing club. Can you imagine coming up with a name for that?

SPXXX

4:11 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spose it all depends whether she was fit or not...noone want to see saggy slowly browning flesh while they are having their breakfast now do they...

...or am I as shallow as I seem!

10:22 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are as shallow as I appear to be!

Do you reckon he only complained 'cos his wife found the tapes?

4:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home