Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Hull 0

This hasn't cheered me up much either.
Pop group Beautiful South split

Pop group The Beautiful South - known for such melodious hits as Song For Whoever, A Little Time, Perfect 10 and Rotterdam - have split.

In a two-line statement, the Hull-based band, formed by former members of the Housemartins, attributed their break-up to "musical similarities".

"The band would like to thank everyone for their 19 wonderful years in music," the statement said.
Everybody likes The Beautiful South don't they. Saw them live a few times. I even saw Paul Heaton in Leeds once sober. Nevermind.

I've just had a go on my new beard trimmer, or personal grooming kit as the box rather grandiosely declares. It has six, yes six, attachments for grooming bits I didn't realise were supposed to be groomed. For an extra 3 quid I could have got one with 10 attachments but no good would have come from it. I'd only have ended up shaving strange and intricate patterns into the cats. They would run away and then who would be sorry? Bother is, now my beard is all trimmed, I'm a little bit worried that I have started to resemble Tsar Nicholas II, which isn't a good look for a Marxist.

I nearly bought a guitar today as well. I've been promising myself one for ages and at lunchtime I saw an acoustic in the window of one of them pikey shops up Smelly Alley in Reading. Only fifteen quid which I thought was a bargain. If you're wondering, by the way, why I keep saying quid instead of using the pound sign, it's because I can't find it on this European keyboard. French plot no doubt. Anyway, not wanting to drag a guitar back to work, I left early and headed back up to S A with my cash, but it had been sold. What are the chances? So I bought some weed instead. Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

Easy now.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger JoeBlogs said...

Shame. Heard it here first. Beautiful south split up.

8:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went all poncy and got a mac..... bloody thing doesn't have a # key!

This means I can't sign into my work web based email OR discuss drugs in a sneaky way on MSN.

And I thought Steve Jobs was a Californian hippy.

10:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home