Monday, May 21, 2007

Good day for fascism Mr Bliar

It is though, isn't it.

Pilotless police drone takes off

The UK's first police remote control helicopter has taken off.

Merseyside police are using the "spy drone", fitted with CCTV cameras, mainly for tackling anti-social behaviour and public disorder.

Discrimination fear over ID cards

The decision to bring in ID cards for foreigners before bringing them in for Britons may lead to "de-facto racial profiling", MPs and peers have warned.

The Joint Committee on Human Rights says black and other ethnic minorities may "disproportionately" be asked to prove their UK immigration status.

Staff asked to 'snoop' for police

Council staff, charity workers and doctors could be required by law to tip off police about anyone they believe could commit a violent crime.

The Home Office proposals, leaked to the Times newspaper, insist public bodies have "valuable information" that could identify potential offenders.

Possible warning signs could include heavy drinking, mental health problems or a violent family background.

Hain rejects Hodge's housing call

Northern Ireland Secretary Peter Hain has said housing policy must not be made "on the hoof" after a minister said UK citizens should have priority.

Industry minister Margaret Hodge said allocation should involve residence and national insurance payment details.

But Mr Hain said housing should be "based on need, like the NHS".

Imagine my surprise when Peter Hain turns out to be a moderate voice that I can agree with. Fucking stooge.

So, which of these stories makes one the angriest? Comments please. Personally, being a state certified, pill downing, served my time on a psychiatric ward nutter, it is the snooping story that chills me. I'm really only a danger to myself, I am, but the mere fact that there is the slightest possibility that my liking for a drink combined with my medical history could mark me out as some sort of 'threat to society' makes my blood run cold. This government, this despotic, Arab killing, human rights violating government has had it in for the mentally ill since the day after it was elected but it was only carrying on the policies of the Thatcherite regime that preceded it. Funding for psychiatric care has been decimated over the last 20 years to the point where is very little in-care for those most in need of it. Society is failing those whose lives are made almost intolerable by their condition. A person with heart disease is given treatment and sympathy. A person with diabetes is given treatment and sympathy. When I inevitably develop cirrhosis and/or lung cancer I'd like some treatment and a tiny bit of sympathy if, for nothing else then for the fact that my habit keeps income tax down below 25%. So why, if I have another breakdown should I be treated with hostility and suspicion? Fuck you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home